London East Academy is an independent Islamic secondary school for boys and Al-Mizan is a mixed junior school. Both schools are located in the East End of London at the prestigious East London Mosque and London Muslim Centre.
Our Mission – we aim to be a learning community that aspires to educate the whole child: spiritual, moral, intellectual, cultural, social, emotional and physical.
- To provide a high quality broad and balanced curriculum offering national curriculum subjects, the memorisation of the Quran (Hifdh) and Islamic sciences in which students are provided with opportunities and encouragement to develop and discover their interests and talents.
- To provide a community in which children can grow and develop, so that ultimately they can enter the fast changing world with confidence and make a positive contribution to their school and community
- To provide the appropriate support to allow all students to achieve and fulfil their individual and collective potential in both the national curriculum and Islamic sciences as well as hifdh.
- To recruit, develop and retain the best possible staff and provide a stimulating, rewarding and supportive environment for all who are employed at our schools.
- To nurture character development where a child will acquire knowledge, life skills and uphold core Islamic values such as courage, respect, integrity, responsibility and service to others